If you recently added a Windows 10 computer to your office or home network, you may have already observed that Windows 10 couldn’t discover all (or some) networks when you explore ‘Network’ (from ‘File Explorer’), although Windows 7 and 8 PCs can see them all.
Even after turning on Network Discovery on the Windows 10 computer, the issue still occurs. To address these issues, you must contact a highly reliable computer repair in Whitehall. Happy Fix is one of the best-rated computer repair shops in the area.
We have succeeded to secure this reputation through constant hard work and determination. We aim at customer satisfaction and premium quality services for all our customers.
In this blog, you will be able to figure out a few solutions for your windows issues. You can get a conceivable solution for fixing the issue of Windows 10 not showing all network machines because it can happen for several different causes.
Troubleshooting Windows Issues With Computer Repair in Whitehall
Update Windows 10 to the most recent release.
Windows 10 versions 1709, 1803, and 1809 all have the “Network does not show computers” issue. The issue has been resolved in the most recent releases of Windows 10. Upgrade to the most recent version of Windows 10 (1909) before attempting the steps below.
Type the IP address to directly access the shares using method number two.
The next way to solve the issue is to enter ” and the shared computer’s static IP address in the address bar of Internet Explorer (s). (For instance, “192.168.1.xxx,” where “xxx” stands for the final three digits of the IP address of the computer you wish to visit.)
After gaining access to the shares, use the Map a Network Drive option from the context menu to quickly access the shared folders at any time.
For more rapid solutions, you should refer to a computer repair in Whitehall. We have experienced professionals that can perform such repairs at your convenience.
Change the Network Discovery Settings
The following modifications to the network discovery settings and “Function Discovery” services will allow you to see the other computers in your network:
Turn On Network Discovery
Then, make sure that Network Discovery is turned on. To do that
- Open the Network and Sharing center by selecting from the context menu of the Taskbar’s (active) Network connection icon (or go to Control Panel).
- Choose Modify advanced sharing options. On Windows 10, turn on Network Discovery.
- Click Save changes after expanding the “current profile” (Private, Guest, or Public), then click Turn on network discovery. Switch on Windows’ Network Discovery
- Go on to the next action.
The following four (4) services’ “Startup type” should be set as follows in the Windows Services panel:
Automated Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub) -> Automatic Delayed Start SSDP Discovery > Manual -> Manual UPnP Device Host > Manual -> Manual
To carry out that action:
- To open the run command box, simultaneously press Windows image + R.
- Enter services.msc into the run command box.
- To access properties, right-click on the Function Discovery Provider Host service.
Fix: Windows 10 cannot detect network computers
- Switch to Automatic Startup and then click OK.
- Next, follow the same instructions to switch the Function Discovery Resource Publication service’s Startup type to Automatic Delayed Start.
- Finally, on SSDP Discovery & UPnP Device Host services, change the ‘Startup type’ to Manual and restart the computer.
- After restarting, launch File Explorer and select “Network” to see if you can see every computer connected to your network. Go on to the next strategy if you are unable to view them.
An electronics repair in Whitehall can do it more efficiently and conveniently.
Restart the service for the Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub).
The FDResPub service can also be restarted to remedy the “Windows 10 not showing network computers” problem. To accomplish that
- Select Restart from the context menu next to the Function Discovery Resource Publication service.
- After restarting your computer, see if you can see the network computers.
Why Choose Us?
Although you can perform these procedures at home, it is better to hire an expert for this purpose. Not only will it help you save time but also help you avoid any expected damage.
Sometimes, if an untrained person deals with the windows, that might lead to more damage than repair. Therefore, it is advised that you should invest in getting your computer repaired by a cell phone repair in Whitehall.
To Wind it Up!
At Happy Fix, we take care of all of your computer-related issues. We have a highly expert and expedient team of individuals that come up with appropriate solutions for all your problems. All you have to do is to get in touch with customer care service and explain your problem to them. We make sure that you get your solution with a minimum turnaround time. This makes us one of the best computer repair shops in Whitehall.